VIDEO 1. Carol Read: The secret of working with children
The video starts with the question "What's the secret of working with children?", what engage me to it.
First, she shows a series of activities to use with flashcards to learn vocabulary. One of the conclusions that I draw is that an important part is how we attract children to the activity and how we are a model for them. Then we can integrate other content. What Carol Read is doing is introducing activities of different skills and including different competences. She also adds aspects of culture, music... These leads us to think what is the good criteria we must follow to choose an activity. She proposes to have the account the learning cycle that consists on connect, activate, demonstrate and consolidate.
I also think it is important when we talk about taking into account the type of class we have, because I think it is essential to know how it is to pay for the type of activities to do or how to carry them out.
Carol Read talks to us about different aspects that we must take into account:
In conclusion, I found very interesting what is exposed in the seminar, because although without common sense things, many times we do not take them into account. I liked it a lot as Carol Read explains each point and all the resources she gives to us.
First, she shows a series of activities to use with flashcards to learn vocabulary. One of the conclusions that I draw is that an important part is how we attract children to the activity and how we are a model for them. Then we can integrate other content. What Carol Read is doing is introducing activities of different skills and including different competences. She also adds aspects of culture, music... These leads us to think what is the good criteria we must follow to choose an activity. She proposes to have the account the learning cycle that consists on connect, activate, demonstrate and consolidate.
I also think it is important when we talk about taking into account the type of class we have, because I think it is essential to know how it is to pay for the type of activities to do or how to carry them out.
Carol Read talks to us about different aspects that we must take into account:
- Sensory acuity
- Emotions
- Communication
- Rapport
- Evaluation as teachers
- Tactical talk
In conclusion, I found very interesting what is exposed in the seminar, because although without common sense things, many times we do not take them into account. I liked it a lot as Carol Read explains each point and all the resources she gives to us.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario